US 8VGCHCXC2 8 Volt Deep Cycle Battery
US 8VGC HC 8V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery replaces the Trojan T-875
The US 8VGCHC XC delivers the most power of ANY 8 volt Golf Cart Battery on the market. The HC means HIGHER Capacity and is 183 Amp Hour rating with 345 Minutes of capacity
at 25 Amps. That outpaces Trojan’s T875, T890 and Exide brand batteries are much lower. If you need high power, capacity and durability this Deep Cycle battery is what you need.
- Length : 10-1/4” (260mm)
- Width : 7-1/8” (181mm)
- Height : 11-1/4” (286mm)
- Unit Weight: 69 Lbs.
AMP Hours & Capacity:
- Amp Hours (20 hr. rate) : 183
- Minutes @ 75 Aamps: 95 mins.
- Minutes @ 25 Amps 345 mins.
This battery is a wet flooded battery and will be Palletized via common carrier. Please email or Call for quote.
Golf Cart Battery Maintenance
Top 9 tips for Golf cart battery maintenance
Maintenances is vital to get the best possible performance out of your golf cart no matter what warranty is offered by the battery maker.
If you have a Club Car, EZGO, Yamaha golf cart, or one of the other golf cart models, the following tips will help prolong the life of your Golf Cart batteries.
1) Keep the top of each golf cart battery dry, clean and tight. You can clean the batteries with a bristle brush and a solution of baking soda and water, but definitely wear eye protection and rubber gloves (no jewelry). You can also spray the cables with anti-corrosive spray to prevent corrosion and rust.
2) Charge for 8 to 10 hours with the “proper” golf cart battery charger. This is based on an 80% discharge, so at the time of charging the golf cart batteries would still be 20% charged. Best practice is to charge overnight after you are done with your cart for the day. Even if you only used the cart for 5 minutes, you’ll want to give the golf cart batteries a good charge. If you are looking to buy a high quality golf cart charger that you can plug in and forget about overnight (no manual shut off needed), check out our selection of automatic Club Car Chargers, EZGO Chargers and Yamaha Golf Cart Chargers.
3) Fill all golf cart battery cells ONLY AFTER charging, and do not over fill. Fill battery cells (know as the water fill holes) with distilled water (NOT tap water) ¼ to ½ inch above the lead plates of your wet flooded batteries.With ¼ inch of water you’ll have to check your batteries more often, but at ½ inch you’ll likely have more acid accumulation on the tops of the batteries. Either level is acceptable; it’s really your call.
4) Use yoiur golf cart batteries often. The deat of batteries is letting them sit unused and especially without a charger maintainer. Do a refresh charge every 45 to 60 days, and even more frequently in hotter climates. We do know that this can be difficult to do if you use your golf cart on a seasonal basis, but if you use a golf cart battery charger with an advanced storage mode feature you’ll get an automatic refresh charge every so often so long as the charger is plugged in to your golf cart while you are away.
5) Do not over charge your golf cart batteries. This means, make sure your charger is automatic.
6) Do not discharge or use your batteries beyond an 80% discharge. It is recommended that you discharge your golf cart batteries to between 50-80 percent, and not beyond 80 percent or to the point where your golf cart is completely dead.
7) Do not charge frozen batteries. You can try to turn the lights on for 30 minutes or more to warm up the batteries and get the acid moving in the battery.
8) Check your battery water levels regularly and fill them when needed. Not sure how to? You can look at your instructions for Youtube for a howto video.
9) Note the battery voltage of each individual battery cell for future reference on how each battery is doing.
Most Golf cart batteries that are maintained as mentioned above should last for 5-6 years. After 5-6 years if your golf cart is running slower or sluggish, it may be time for a new set of batteries. Call us at 954-325-9717 for your new set of batteries!
Golf Cart Battery Maintenance – 9 Pro Tips to extend the life of your batteries